Free School Meals
All children in reception, year 1 and year 2 are entitled to free school meals (FSM).
Your child may be eligible for FSM after this time, if you receive any of the following:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- income-related Employment Support Allowance
- support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit) and have an annual income of no more than £16,190
- the guarantee element of State Pension Credit
Note: If you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit during the four week period immediately after your employment ceases, or after you start to work less than 16 hours per week, your child/children are entitled to free school meals.
You will need to show evidence to prove you are eligible.
If your child is eligible, complete this application form and submit it to your child’s school, each term.
We partner with Chartwells for school meals – they have information on all menus and costs.
For any more information, email our team: firstname.lastname@example.org