Latest news

Help with school uniforms

02 July 2021

Parents of children who are starting secondary school in September will soon be thinking about buying the school uniform for the start of term.

The cost of a school uniform can be a cause for concern for some families but there is some help available from local charities.

Parents who are facing difficulty buying a uniform should first approach the school their child is going to attend as it may have funds available, offer uniforms at a discount or have previously owned uniforms for families on low incomes.

If the school is unable to assist, there are five local charities that may be able to help with pre-owned school uniforms:

All these services are listed on the Family Information Service website at: It is worth checking the site regularly as other organisations may also offer support throughout the summer.

The website also contains information about financial help available if you have children at: