Domestic abuse affects many adults and children each year. Here you can find advice, information and support.
If you feel you are in immediate danger call 999. Press 55 when prompted if you can’t speak. If you can’t use a voice phone, you can register with the police text service – text REGISTER to 999.
Here are some other organisations that can help and support:
- Berkshire West Safeguarding Children Partnership are committed to helping protect vulnerable children and adults. See their website for information and advice on domestic abuse, emotional health and more
- The NSPCC’s helpline can provide support and help with concerns about a child: call 0808 800 5000 and email email@example.com
- Barnardo’s provide support to families affected by domestic abuse:
- Anyone who has been a victim of rape or sexual abuse, Solace can help. Their 24/7 helpline is 0800 970 9952
- Refuge UK, for women and children, have a 24-hour helpline: 0808 2000 247 – and more information is on their website
- Berkshire Women’s Aid: 24/7 helpline: 0118 950 4003 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Women’s Aid has a vast range of information and resources in many different languages.
- Respect have a free men’s advice line available every day: 0808 8010327. You can also have a webchat Weds- Fri. More info on their website.
- The ManKind Initiative supports male victims of domestic abuse. Contact their national helpline: 01823 334244 – available weekdays, 10am -4pm.
- Galop provides hate crime, domestic abuse and sexual violence support services to LGBTQ + victims/survivors by telephone, email, text and WhatsApp – see their website, or call 0800 999 5428.
- Many other support and helplines are listed on ITV’s website here.
If you have any immediate safeguarding concerns about children, please call 0118 937 3641 or email email@example.com without delay.