Activities, ideas or local services for you and your family this winter
- For parents and carers with children under 5, our children’s centres are running various virtual sessions where you can meet with other families and our teams to access any support you may need. These include:
See here for more on the children’s centre winter programme – Jan-Feb 2021
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to book on a session. Or to see more of their challenges and activities, see Facebook.
- Get Berkshire Active has lots of activities and challenges to help you stay active together
- Reading museum has various online activities for all ages to try here, as does Reading University’s Museum of Rural Life
- For info and things to do, visit our Family Information Service‘s activities guide
- Also, see online events and activities by local organisations here on What’s on Reading
BFfC activity sheets or resources
- Help remind your child about wearing their face mask – download these posters to design their own facemask here, or using this one
- 40+ staying at home ideas for children
- For parents with children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) here are a few activities sheets: Joining your child’s play, Activities using visuals, Ready Steady Go Games, Tactile play activity ideas
- Here are 50 lockdown ideas for winter
- Get your kids moving with these fun, Disney inspired indoor games and activities from the NHS, Change4Life
- The parents hub on Twinkl’s website has lots of ideas and activities for you to access when you sign up – have a look here
- Audiobooks are free while schools are closed with Audible
- Earn eight Blue Peter badges by completing various tasks
- CBBC has activities on their website and a section dedicated to keeping busy at home.
- Keep your children entertained by downloading the 30 day Lego challenge
- National Geographic Kids is a fun website, with resources to learn about animals, science, history and the world
- Craft ideas, quick quizzes, wonderful word searches and many more fun ideas to do indoors are on Roald Dahl‘s website.
- Sports England has launched a campaign to inspire us all to keep active: Stay In, Work Out
- From dough disco with nursery rhymes to 100 things to do indoors, Spread the Happiness has lots of ideas to entertain.