Keeping children safe is everyone’s responsibility and we are working together with partner agencies to offer high quality services with an unrelenting focus on positive results for children and families.
Children’s services work with families that require support from the point of a referral being made, through a single assessment and where necessary into the longer term teams for ongoing advice, support, guidance and interventions to create the necessary changes to keep children safe.
- We believe the voice of the child should be at the centre of all we do.
- We support our social workers to undertake creative methods of assessment and intervention to ensure the voice of the child is at the centre of service development. Vulnerable children and families have a voice and their views will impact on how the service is shaped.
- Our staff are supported by an accountable and a professional management team. They are encouraged to work creatively, within the statutory framework.
- We offer highly skilled, competent social workers who are equipped with the skills they need to develop their professional practice. We support, grow and develop our staff, and ensure they are involved in the development of services.
At Brighter Futures for Children, our Children’s Services are made up of:
- Children’s Single Point of Access
- Access & Assessment
- Family Intervention Team
- Children & Young People’s Disability Team
- Children Looked After
- Care Leavers
- Child Exploitation
You can read more about the Berkshire West Safeguarding Children’s Partnership and our procedures for Reading here.