It has never been a better time to join Brighter Futures for Children in Reading; we have recently transitioned into a new, independent, not-for-profit-company. We now have our own Board of directors focused on delivering the best possible opportunities for the children of Reading.
We have successfully secured a permanent senior management group including our Deputy Director, Service Managers and Team Managers across children's social care.
We have secured excellent training for all our staff through Research in Practice and established a sound partnership with NSPCC. We value our staff and want to support them in their progression with us and offer a competitive recruitment offer.
Closing Date: 20th October 2019
This is an opportunity where you will be able to lead a dedicated team to deliver a high quality service in a specialized field.
The Assistant Team Managers will report directly to the Service Manager in their specific service and are responsible for the day to day operational running of their team. You will provide crucial direction and oversight in relation to cases and are responsible for high quality leadership. We are offering the opportunity to join a dynamic senior team who are committed to improving outcomes for children.
The Assistant Team Manager will:
- The Assistant Team Manager (ATM) has responsibility for the day-to-day operational management of the contact centre which is made up of a team of Social work assistants, under the guidance of the overall Team Manager (TM).
- The ATM will be responsible for the good leadership, supervision and general management of the contact centre as well as the efficient and appropriate escalation of significant incidents.
- The ATM will assist the Team Manager in delivering the service outcomes for Children, Young People and their Families.
Closing Date: 20th October 2019
We have social worker vacancies in both our Access and Assessment Service and newly structured Family Intervention Service. Access and Assessment consists of four teams that deal with all s17 and s47 assessments. The Family Intervention Service picks up cases from our Access and Assessment Teams.
This is our longer term work with Child in Need, Child Protection and cases within the Public Law outline.
If you think you might enjoy working at Brighter Futures for Children and you share our values then we would really like to hear from you. For an informal discussion please contact Hannah Bowman on: 0118 937 3770.
Closing Date: 20th October 2019
This is an exciting and dynamic role which will see you taking responsibility for providing project and business support and working closely with Project Managers, Business Analysts, the Head of Transformation and Children’s Services practitioners in the successful delivery of the Transformation Programme.
The post holder will support a variety of significant projects and be responsible for supporting the day to day management of project activity to ensure their successful delivery; provide appropriate administration of projects; reporting progress and providing briefings as required; finding solutions to issues as they arise; identifying and managing stakeholders; identifying, capturing and controlling changes to projects; development of internal processes; the maintenance of work streams; supporting the closure of projects and handing over the project outputs to business as usual service areas.
To be considered for this role, you will show sound experience/strength in the following:
- Strong working knowledge of project / programme management methodology
- Strong Stakeholder engagement and management
Closing Date: 3rd November 2019
We currently have open vacancies for qualified social workers in our Family Intervention Services.
The family Interventions Service receives the cases from Access and Assessment Team and holds cases of children on Child in Need, Child Protection and in Public Law Outline process and children in care proceedings.
We aim to ensure that our professionals have all the tools they need to do an exceptional job. We have recently introduced Consultant Practitioners into our establishment who are on hand to coach, mentor and support our staff through complex and high risk case work.
We have also secured excellent training for all our staff through Research in Practice, and established a sound partnership with the NSPCC. We value our staff and want to support them in their progression with us.
Closing Date: 27th October 2019
Brighter Futures for Children
Brighter Futures for Children is an independent, not-for-profit-company, wholly owned by Reading Borough Council. Our responsibility is to deliver quality children's services, early help, education and Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) services to children and families in Reading. The role is to work as a member of the Business Support Service supporting various teams within the Children’s’ Single Point of Access. You will be providing business administrative support to Social Work Practitioners and other Professionals.
The role is busy and varied and includes:
- Dealing with and responding to a variety of contacts including telephone calls and face to face clients ensuring appropriate message taking or sign-posting with clear, precise and accurate information. Responding accurately to standard Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
- Level 1 Customer Care competency to all service users/contacts (as a minimum)
- Accurate and timely data entering onto appropriate electronic document management systems
Thank you for your interest in working with us. Whether you’re an experienced practitioner, a newly qualified social worker or looking for a support services role, you’ll be able to develop your career in a great working environment with us in Reading.
Apart from our executive searches, all of our jobs are advertised on Jobs Go Public and the recruitment process is handled for us by our parent company, Reading Borough Council, and you can search on their job pages for our roles too.
We’ve also got. brand new microsite, run by Social Personnel, which is dedicated to finding us permanent social workers. There are some great, short videos on there from current staff which are well worth watching: Link to microsite.
Social work is a challenging but rewarding career through which you can make a real difference for children and families.
School governors are the unsung heroes of our education system. They are one of the biggest volunteer forces in the country, working in their spare time to promote school improvement and to support head teachers and teachers in their work. Click here to find out more about becoming a School Governor.
Open job roles are those which don’t have a deadline for application and will be considered on a rolling basis.
We are always looking for talented, motivated individuals. If you can’t see a job that is suited to you please e-mail a copy of your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of Working Here
- Modern working environment in centre of Reading
- Discounted staff car parking
- Discounted on site day nursery (at the Civic Centre)
- From 24 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Purchasing additional leave scheme
- Local government pension scheme (Includes 13% contribution from BFfC and Life Assurance)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket loans
- Access to a range of training and development
- Lease Car Salary Sacrifice Scheme (being introduced)
The benefits of working with us are explained in more detail on our what we offer you page