Headteacher Performance Management
Providing advice and support to governors in relation to the performance management of the headteacher.
School standards officers are equipped to provide advice to the governing body about the performance management of the headteacher.
Key service features
- Thorough knowledge of how Reading schools operate
- Up-to-date knowledge of national and local priorities
- Ability to identify the individual needs of the headteacher and organisational goals
- Working to help the governing body develop its capacity to carry out effective performance management
- Development of organisational capacity for effective performance management
- Support to identify priorities for performance management
- Clear and unambiguous procedures
- Professional learning of the head teacher with organisational improvement
- Supporting the school in identifying priorities, improvement planning and target setting
- A positive contribution to school improvement
- Full stakeholder support and engagement
- Positive management of relations with the head teacher and governing body
- The setting and monitoring of positive improvement objectives
- Up-to-date and knowledgeable external advice
This service includes:
- A preliminary meeting between an advisor and headteacher in order to discuss achievements and future areas of development linked to performance objectives
- A preliminary meeting between an advisor and governors to assess the headteacher’s performance
- A performance review meeting with governors, headteacher and advisor, following the meeting the adviser will provide a summary of the discussion and the objectives agreed
This is an annual service which will be invoiced 50% at the end of the summer term and 50% at the end of the autumn term. Any additional costs will be invoiced at the end of the financial year.
Standard terms and conditions apply.