School Standards Service – Governor Services
Working with governors to challenge schools to support every child and young person’s ambition to achieve
Governor Services in Reading has an established reputation for providing quality support and guidance to schools and academies and their governing boards.
As part of the Brighter Futures for Children School Standards Team, Governor Services works closely with governing boards, clerks and heads to ensure they meet their statutory duties and strengthen their leadership and management roles.
Our service offers governing boards current and relevant consultancy and training to enable them to help the school to set high standards by planning for the school’s future and setting targets for school improvement.
- Competent and confident governors/trustees who are well informed and up-to-date
- Strong governance contributing to the overall effectiveness of leadership and management
- Clarity of understanding of the role of governing boards in educational improvement
- Increased awareness of governing boards’ accountability
- Both national and local perspective on governance
- Equipping governors with the skills and knowledge to be effective in their role
- A well-informed governing board providing strong leadership vision, and direction
- Effective governance supporting stronger Ofsted outcomes
- Measurable improvement in school achievement through improved accountability
- Improved school financial performance
We provide products and services essential to building effective governance and leadership in education settings. Governance and leadership provides the framework for delivering outstanding education and driving up pupil and student performance.
Whatever the need of your organisation, our professionals will be able to support and develop your leaders with a range of comprehensive products, delivered by a team of experts.
Brighter Futures for Children works in partnership with Reading Governance Association, providing integrated training plans and a schedule of events. RGA events can all be booked via www.therga.org.uk
Key Service features:
- Provide up to date, focused programmes of training and development for governors/trustees and governing boards to help raise standards in our schools
- Equip governors/trustees with skills and knowledge to be effective in their role
- Offer support, advice, guidance and information in various ways to meet governors/trustees’ needs
- Support recruitment and appointment of governors/trustees with the right skills
- Provide a set of products to support the continuous professional development of governors/trustees.
This is an annual service which will be invoiced 50% at the end of the summer term and 50% at the end of the autumn term. Any additional costs will be invoiced at the end of the financial year.
Standard terms and conditions apply.