School Standards Advisory Service
Working with schools to improve outcomes for children and young people.
We are a highly experienced group of specialist education professionals dedicated to improving outcomes for children and young people.
We provide high quality support, advice and training to assist schools in raising attainment, accelerating progress and improving the provision for vulnerable pupils.
We support schools on their journey to achieving a positive Ofsted judgement and challenge good and outstanding schools to continue to develop excellent practice. We also offer bespoke services designed to address particular objectives.
Key Service features:
- In-depth knowledge of local schools, supporting them in reaching and sustaining excellence
- Core and bespoke services to support school improvement
- Highly-skilled and professional staff with a vast range of experience
- Up to date knowledge of the Ofsted Inspection Framework (September 2019)
- Schools receive updates to national policy
- Schools receive appropriate support during periods of educational change to ensure progress is sustained
- Sharing of the latest research on high quality learning for all pupils
- Support to develop expertise and capacity in school leadership at all levels
- Support to evaluate performance, identify priorities and plan effective change
- Engagement in, and the facilitation of, action research and lesson studies with other schools to fine-tune next steps in learning and deepen understanding
Officers provide bespoke support packages according to individual schools’ needs. Outcomes will be evidenced in terms of impact on pupils’ outcomes, including for different groups of pupils and improvements in practitioner practice.
Examples of the types of support that can be delivered include:
- Support and challenge to maximise school improvement and achievement
- Analysis of pupil performance data and access to expert advice and guidance on its use
- Guidance and support to quality assure and develop teaching and learning.
- Professional development and support for leaders and governors
- Validation of school self-evaluation in line with the current Ofsted Inspection Framework
- Facilitating learning partnerships to support professional development and school improvement
- Pre and post Ofsted support including support for action planning and monitoring visits
- Specialist support across all phases for English and Mathematics
- Mentoring and coaching of staff and support for teams
- Support and guidance for underachieving and ‘at risk’ pupils/groups of pupils
- Bespoke professional development packages tailored to support individual staff or groups of staff
- Curriculum development guidance and support
- Support for performance management
Our officers will:
- act as a critical professional friend to the school
- help school leadership teams to evaluate performance, identify priorities for improvement, and plan effective change
- support the building of the school’s capacity to improve the attainment and progress of all pupils
- provide detailed verbal and written feedback to the headteacher and others as appropriate
- remain fully up-to-date with all local and national initiatives and current policy
This is an annual service which will be invoiced 50% at the end of the summer term and 50% at the end of the autumn term. Any additional costs will be invoiced at the end of the financial year.
Standard terms and conditions apply.