Adults who work or volunteer with children in the community are in a position of trust.
If an adult who is in a position of trust has:
- behaved in a way that has harmed a child, or may have harmed a child
- possibly committed a criminal offence against or related to a child or
- behaved towards a child or children in a way that indicates they may pose a risk of harm to children
then allegations procedures must be followed and reported to the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO).
The LADO will oversee the allegations management procedure to ensure that the allegation is investigated thoroughly. The LADO will inform the police and/or children’s social care if required.
If you need to report an allegation you can contact the LADO on:
- 0118 937 2684
- Via the Children’s Single Point of Access
- By filling in a referral form for the LADO (please note this must be emailed securely. Full guidance is on the form)
If a child is has been harmed or is at risk of harm you must follow the guidance in the ‘Report a concern’ section .