The Government published a list of all free online resources to help children at home (7 April). These sites have been identified by leading educational experts and offer support for pupils of all ages. They will be reviewing the page regularly.
Some of these resources are in the example timetable below, along with other support for you and your family.
Free online classes being offered by celebrities or others, to help with home schooling.
9am: PE with Joe Wicks
10am: Maths with Carol Vorderman @ www.themathsfactor.com
10am (Tues & Thurs): Draw with Rob Biddulp
11am: English with David Walliams
11am: Science and nature, Let’s Go Live with Maddie and Greg
12pm: Lunch – cooking with Jamie Oliver
1pm: Music with Myleene Klass
1.30pm: Dance with Darcey Bussel: DDMIX for schools, daily shake ups
2pm: History with Dan Snow (free for 30-days)
4pm: (Mon/Wed/Fri) Home Economics with Theo Michaels
4pm: Geography with Ben Fogle (moving to youtube soon)
Other activities and resources
- BBC Bitesize has daily lessons for homeschooling in Maths and English for every year group, as well as regular lessons in Science, History, Geography and more. There is an online lesson schedule and a TV schedule available.
Free online maths games suitable for pupils aged 3-14 are available from Topmarks
ABC to Read are now reading stories on their Youtube channel. They will also be available on their website .
- 50 free revision resources for 11+, GCSEs and A-Levels
- Some delicious recipes from Super Yummy Kitchen for you to learn
- Literacy Shed Plus has produced free, key stage 2 activity packs
- Science with Professor Brian Cox, Robin Ince & Guests
- Reading Museum has some fantastic learning ideas and worksheets for primary and secondary school children – see their resources section.
- Reading Rep has produced two drama education packs for children and young people to complete at home.
- Fun learning and activities for children from Network Rail about rail safety, engineering and more, see here.
- Cambridge Assessment International Education have a range of learning materials and videos for free here
RE Today have a series of free, quality-assured resources to support parents with the provision of RE activities
Chatterpack: a very useful list of various links and resources to help with home learning
- For parents and carers looking after children with special educational needs (SEND) and disabilities, the Government has published advice and guidance here.
Online Safety Packs
With children online now more than ever, its important to understand about being safe online when at home. These activity sheets – for children and for parents – are fun and interesting, as well as informative.
Crick Software are offering every school free access for their pupils and teachers to use on their home devices. If of interest, complete this access request form or call on 01604 671691