Update 21 May
- Advice for parents and carers to help secondary school pupils continue home learning has been issued by the Department for Education. It can be found on their website.
- Updated guidance for parents/carers with primary school children learning from home, including information on the wider opening of schools, has been published on the DfE website.
Update 19 May
- Advice has been updated for anyone with coronavirus symptoms. Anyone aged 5 or over with symptoms can now book a test online. See the NHS website for more details.
- The Government has published guidance for parents and carers as schools and other education settings prepare to open to more children. You can find the guidance on the Gov.uk website.
Update 18 May
- A new charity, the National Bereavement Partnership, has been set up to help people and families affected by coronavirus. Call the helpline: 0800 448 0800.
Update 11 May
- The Prime Minister announced some easing of the lockdown restrictions and you can find more details here
- Here is guidance on what you can and can’t do
- Plans were also announced for the re-opening of primary schools to some year groups from 1 June, at the earliest. The Department for Education has published details here.
Update 8 May
- Information about attending vaccination or screening appointments, as well as info on a new immunisation advice line has been added here.
Update 6 May
- Information on NHS Berkshire Healthcare’s service for young people has been added to the Young People’s Zone, along with various other support that’s available.
Update 5 May
- Important information for anyone with concerns about a child has been added to this page.
Update 1 May
- Guidance for parents/carers on the closure of educational settings has been updated by the Department of Education, including a link to admission appeals guidance and updates to support home learning. Read this here.
Update 23 April
- Information on new local, urgent dental care centres has been added to our services affected by coronavirus page.
Update 22 April
- We have added additional information about support for domestic abuse to our important links & info page
Update 19 April
- Information on support for parents, online resources and vulnerable children has been updated in this document: What parents and carers need to know about schools and education during the coronavirus outbreak
Update 15 April
- The Department for Education has a helpline for parents, school staff and young people with any questions about COVID-19 relating to education and children’s social care.
Call: 0800 046 8687 – 8am – 6pm Mon to Fri or 10am -4pm Sat and Sun
- Updated guidance and a video on hand washing can be found here
- Read the latest leaflet and advice from the Government on what to do to help stop the spread of coronavirus, including info on symptoms and support.
Update 8 April
Information about the Easter holidays, examinations and educational resources has been updated in guidance for parents and carers.
The list of schools with free schools meals vouchers in place has been updated – see this on our local services page here.
Update 7 April
The Government has announced a package of support, including funding and high-quality resources, to help schools and parents cope in the current situation.
Updated guidance on social distancing in education and childcare settings can be read here.
Update 3 April
A full list of schools, nurseries and other under 5 provision available to children of key workers open during the Easter break can be found on this site.
Ofqual, which regulates qualifications, examinations and assessments in England, has today released details of how GCSEs, AS and A levels will be awarded this summer. Read details here.
This follows the earlier announcement that all exams would be cancelled this summer due to the coronavirus outbreak.