- Road map out of lockdown: Coronavirus restrictions were eased in England on 12 April. Read the full guidance of what you can and cannot do under the current rules.
- Basics to help tackle COVID-19:
Wash hands – keep washing your hands regularly
Cover face – wear a face covering in enclosed spaces
Make space – stay at least 2 metres apart
- Keep up-to-date with the government‘s latest response to coronavirus and find guidance on keeping safe, testing for the virus, plus more here
- Advice and information from the NHS is here
- Here’s information on education and childcare from the Department for Education, with the latest guidance on children attending out of school settings here.
- Public Health Berkshire provides the latest Covid-19 data and information for the area on its dashboard.
- Staying alert, social distancing and washing hands regularly is how we can all help control the virus. See here for more info and a video on the best way to wash hands.
- All our essential services will continue to operate, even if by phone, email or video links.
- If you need to contact us about the Winter Grant Scheme food vouchers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The majority of Reading Borough Council buildings are now closed but essential frontline services will continue to run. Changes to council services affected by coronavirus restrictions can be found on its website.
- For any Reading residents needing support during this time call the One Reading Community Hub Support and Volunteer line on 0808 1894325 or visit the website
- Our Early Years SEND Advisory Service has adapted their way of working to support families directly during the pandemic. Parents with children with SEND can now refer to the service directly, in addition to their child’s education setting. For information on this and to access the parent referral form, see this page
- Translated video and audio files giving coronavirus advice – and flu vaccination information – in different languages are now available on the Reading Borough Council website.
- Reading charity Parenting Special Children, which provides specialist support for families who have children with SEND, offers services and advice regarding coronavirus on its website. Call (0118) 986 3532 for general enquiries or email email@example.com.
Safeguarding: domestic violence and abuse
The coronavirus outbreak has brought new challenges for people living through domestic abuse however support will always be available. It’s important to know that you are not alone.
Need urgent help?
If you’re in immediate danger, call 999. Press 55 when prompted if you can’t speak. If you can’t use a voice phone, register with the police text service – text REGISTER to 999.
If you’re not in immediate danger, but still need help, there are lots of local and national organisations and people you can talk to.
See this page here for all the support that’s available to you.
Concerned about a child?
If you have any immediate safeguarding concerns about children, please call 0118 937 3641 or email firstname.lastname@example.org without delay.