- Keep up-to-date with the Government‘s latest response to coronavirus and find guidance on protecting yourself and others, testing for the virus, work and financial support, travel and health and wellbeing, plus more here
- Advice and information from the NHS is here
- Here’s information on education and childcare from the Department for Education, with the latest guidance on children attending out of school settings here.
- Staying alert, social distancing and washing hands regularly is how we can all help control the virus. Read these frequently asked questions for more info and watch this video on the best way to wash hands.
- We will continue to run our essential frontline services, even if some have to be online, by phone, email or through video links.
- The majority of Reading Borough Council buildings are now closed but essential frontline services will continue to run. Read more on their website here.
- For any Reading residents needing support during this time call the One Reading Community Hub Support and Volunteer line on 0808 1894325 or visit their website
- Our Early Years SEND Advisory Service has adapted their way of working to support families directly during the pandemic. Parents with children with SEND can now refer to the service directly, in addition to their child’s education setting. For information on this and to access the parent referral form, see this page
Safeguarding: domestic violence and abuse
The coronavirus outbreak has brought new challenges for people living through domestic abuse however support is still available. It’s important to know that you are not alone.
If you feel you are in immediate danger call 999. Press 55 when prompted if you can’t speak. If you can’t use a voice phone, you can register with the police text service – text REGISTER to 999.
If your situation is not urgent, call the police on 101.
If you have any immediate safeguarding concerns about children, please call 0118 937 3641 or email email@example.com without delay.
See here for more info on local and national support that’s available to you.